By ROSELLEN DOWNEY
The Office of Neighborhood Services is now accepting applications for their 2011 Neighborhood Leadership Program. The deadline is Jan. 10. The program is in its third year, and its goal is to cultivate and train community leaders. Twenty-five people will be chosen from the applications. A $25 registration fee is required for all participants and covers handouts, guest speakers and snacks at every meeting. Scholarships are available.
Participants are asked to attend all seven meetings, which are 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Walton Building, 300 S. Providence Road.
- Feb. 1: Introduction to the program and understanding local government
- Feb. 8: Code Enforcement: protective inspection and environmental health — livability issues in Columbia
- Feb. 15: Public Safety: Columbia Police Department, Columbia Fire Department, and Public Safety Joint Communications
- Feb. 22: Planning and the comprehensive plan
- March 1: Growth and development Issues
- March 8: Supporting successful neighborhoods
- March 15: Final session and graduation — what’s next?
Questions? Contact the office at 817-5050 or neighborhood@GoColumbiaMO.com.