By MELANIE LYNCH
In case you missed the first Blue Ridge Elementary PTA meeting of the school year on Thursday, Sept. 2, here are some things that were covered:
- Blue Ridge has 70 fewer students than last year, so classes are smaller this year.
- It was suggested to reverse the roles in parent-teacher conferences: The parent would give information about the student to the teacher during a 10-15 minute appointment-only session. The next parent-teacher conferences are Thursday and Friday, Nov. 11-12.
- Missouri Assessment Program scores: scores for eight of the 10 subgroups went up, one stayed the same and one went down.
- The Clothes Closet needs new or gently used clothes in all sizes, specifically: boys’ underwear and pants; girls’ pants and shirts; and boys’ and girls’ shoes.
- The Missouri State PTA Convention is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 15-17, at the Stoney Creek Inn and Convention Center.
- If your student has good behavior he or she can attend a Mustang Manners Celebration. See the flier for more information.
Save the date:
- Thursday, Sept. 23: Shakespeare’s Fundraising Night (both locations) during which 15 percent of your purchase benefits the Blue Ridge Elementary PTA
- Friday, Oct. 8: Trivia Night, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Tiger Shrine Club, 1300 Blue Ridge Road. The cost is $10 per person or $80 per table, and you must make a reservation to participate. This is an adults-only event, and the money benefits the Blue Ridge Elementary PTA. If you wish to make a reservation, mail the form and payment to: Blue Ridge Elementary School PTA, 3700 Woodland Drive, Columbia, MO 65202.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20- Early release
- Friday, Oct. 22- Fall party
For your information:
- PTA meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month in the Media Center.
- The Blue Ridge PTA has its own website and Facebook page.