By ALLY ANDERSON
The Benton-Stephens Neighborhood Association and GetAbout Columbia are teaming up to create two street murals for the neighborhood’s Bike Boulevard.
Artists from around mid-Missouri are encouraged to submit their designs for the murals that will be at Windsor and Melbourne streets and Ash and St. Joseph’s streets.
The contest runs from now until May 30. The murals will be painted by neighborhood volunteers and the winners. The winning participants win $500 after the designs are created.Each application must include:
1. A resume that strongly emphasizes artistic accomplishments and qualifications
2. A letter stating your interest in the project
Some questions to consider:
- Why do you want to work on this project?
- What experiences do you have related to this project?
- How would the murals relate to a project you currently have going?
3. An 11-by-17-inch copy of your original design with dimensions included
Consider the following as you develop your design:
- How will your design relate to the surrounding neighborhoods?
- Colors used will be red, yellow, blue, white, black. (May be mixed to create other colors as needed.)
The neighborhood has decided to have urban agriculture as the theme for each mural. The artist may submit two designs for each intersection.
The submissions should be sent to:
c/o Corri Flaker
101 N. Seventh St.
Columbia, MO 65201
Any questions may also be directed to Corri Flaker at 442-7189, ext. #22 or e-mail at email@example.com